Crepes with Whipped Cream
Crêpes are a versatile food that may be served at any meal of the day. They may be topped with butter or filled with a variety of fillings such as whipped cream with fruit, tuna salad, and cheese sauce. A crêpe batter is similar to that of a North American pancake batter but much thinner. To make this recipe lower in carbohydrate than standard Crêpes, the flour is left out and sour cream is included. Crêpes may be cooked in a frying pan (a heavy pan, such as an iron skillet is preferable). There are special crêpe pans that are available that can make it easier to fry the batter without tearing it.
- Raw mixed egg white
- Raw mixed egg yolk (calculate approximately 1/4 the amount of egg white)
- Sour Cream – Use 10-15gm for every 20gm of egg white
- Heavy Cream – whipped
- Raspberries for topping (or other fruit)
- Calculate quantity of food items for a meal
- Weigh all ingredients but leave out 3gm of butter for each crepe to butter the fying pan.
- Use a wire whip or fork to mix egg white, egg yolk, and sour cream.
- Heat a frying pan or crêpe pan to medium-high heat (like, 7 on a scale of 10).
- With a small spatula, spread 3gm of butter (from meal allotment) onto center of pan, tilting and rotating pan so that the batter covers the bottom in a thin layer.
- Cook until the edges just begin to brown and the top of the crepe is set.
- Use a spatula to turn crêpe, cook the second side only until it is blonde color.
- Turn out onto a plate; repeat with the remaining batter to form all the crepes.
- Stack the crepes on a plate, placing a piece of wax paper between each one. The crepes can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
Keto Cereal (Notation: gluten-free if Fiber One is eliminated. Fiber One contains Aspartame)
This high-fiber cereal combination is a quick healthy alternative to typical keto meals. It makes a great snack too!
- Cereal, Fiber One (General Mills)
- Macadamia nuts (dry roasted with salt) - chopped
- Pecans - chopped
- Coconut - dried, shredded - unsweetened
- Almond Breeze (non-dairy beverage) unsweetened – Blue Diamond
- 36% Heavy Cream
- Calculate amounts for each item.
- Chop nuts, then weigh.
- In a small bowl, mix together chopped nuts, coconut and Fiber One.
- Stir Almond Breeze beverage into cream. Pour some or all over cereal. Drink remaining cream.
Stir Fry with Noodles
A stir fry dish with your choice of beef, pork, or poultry.
- Vegetable oil such as olive, canola or soybean
- Raw vegetables: red peppers, broccoli, mushrooms
- Cooked: sliced beef, pork or poultry
- 1 gm Bouillon, Wylers Instant-Beef or Chicken granules
- Water— use about half the volume of the vegetables
- (optional) Garlic Powder
- Traditional Shirataki Angel Hair Pasta (miraclenoodle.com)
- Weight all ingredients.
- Cut vegetables and cooked meat or poultry into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat small frying pan to medium-hot. Place the oil in the pan then add vegetables and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked meat and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Mix bouillon and water and pour over stir-fry.
- Rinse, drain then weigh Shirataki Angel Hair Pasta. Add to stir-fry and simmer for 2-3 minutes to allow pasta to absorb flavors.
Ketogenic cheesecake is a versatile recipe that can be used for birthdays and other celebrations. It also serves as a convenience meal; it can be made ahead and frozen, then thawed overnight for a simple breakfast. The cheesecake can be garnished with fruit and whipped cream.
As a rule of thumb, calculate approximately 10g of raw, mixed egg for every 40g of cream cheese. Use up to the same amount of heavy cream as cream cheese. All of the carbohydrate remaining can be allotted to fruit (for garnish or mixed into the recipe). Canned, unsweetened pumpkin or unsweetened cocoa can also be incorporated into the recipe as the source of carbohydrate. This recipe can be modified to any ratio.
- Cream cheese
- Heavy Cream
- 10 drop of liquid Spenda
- (optional) 5 drops of pure vanilla extract
- Allow butter and cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Place in a custard dish or ramekin that has been sprayed with oil spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F˚ for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
The low carb flax bread recipe below contains less than 2gm of carbohydrate per 30gm slice. This bread has a nutty flavor and resembles a whole grain bread. It can be thinly sliced for sandwiches. It can also be toasted. Calculate this bread into a meal or snack in KetoCalculator – Fat Category under ”Flax Bread”: www.ketocalculator.com. Flax Bread 100gm: 14.3gm P, 42gm F, 5.9gm C. Recipe yields 175g.
- 35gm almond meal (almond flour)
- 40gm flaxseed meal (whole ground flaxseed)
- 4gm baking powder, Calumet (or Magic brand from Kraft)
- 1.5 gm salt
- 2gm vinegar, white distilled (any brand)
- 4 drops liquid Stevia (such as NOW Stevia)
- 85gm raw mixed egg
- 31gm coconut oil, melted or 37gm butter, melted
- Weigh all ingredients.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Spread into a lightly greased 8" x 8" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8–10 minutes. Cut with a knife then lift with a spatula.
The following recipe is a simple combination of heavy cream and cheese to create one of America’s favorite comfort foods. The amount of cream should be about equal or a little more than the amount of cheese. Use this guide to create this tasty dish for your child’s diet in KetoCalculator. Miracle Noodles are very low in carbohydrate and high in fiber and are listed in KetoCalculator.
Note: The cheese sauce is also great over cooked vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower asparagus andover meats and poultry. Parmesan cheese can also be used to make a cheese sauce and only 2 grams of grated Parmesan is needed for every 25gm of cream for a thickened sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Heavy Cream
- Miracle Noodle Angel Hair Shiratake (miraclenoodles.com)
- Pour cream into a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat stirring constantly with a spatula until cream is until cream is thickened. Do not boil the cream.
- After 2–3 minutes, add shredded cheese & continue stirring until mixture is thick.
- Stir cheese sauce into drained noodles. Can be refrigerated and reheated.