Teriyaki Turkey Wraps
This is a recipe adopted from a popular appetizer served in Asian Fusion restaurants. It can be prepared as a complete meal or as a snack. The Teriyaki sauce flavor is made from a base of soy sauce that you can sweeten with a carbohydrate-free sweetener or a calculated amount of Agave Nectar. Agave Nectar is 100% carbohydrate but has a lower glycemic index than regular sweeteners and only 1 gm is needed to sweeten this recipe. Raw ground turkey absorbs oil during sauteeing which adds to this flavorful combination of ingredients.
- Ground Turkey - raw
- Carrots - raw, sliced into toothpick sized sticks
- Coconut - dried, shredded - unsweetened
- Peanuts - dry roasted - chopped
- Soy Sauce such as Kikkoman Naturally Brewed
- Carbohdyrate-free sweetener or Agave Nectar (1gm is plenty for entire recipe)
- Pour oil into small frying pan and heat until it begins to sizzle.
- Place ground turkey in pan using a small spatula to stir, breaking it into small pieces and sauteeing until pink color is gone.
- Mix soy sauce and sweetener: 10gm soy sauce + carb-free sweetener or 1gm Agave Nectar is sufficient for 30gm of raw turkey.
- Tear lettuce into pieces the size of your hand. Place seasoned turkey inside.
- Garnish with carrots, coconut and peanuts. Serve immediately.