A great pita-type bread for making sandwiches or wraps. This recipe makes six - 5" diameter flat rolls as shown in the picture. Each are approximately 84 calories with 4gm of protein, 0.7gm of carbohydrate and 7gm of fat. The precise values are listed in KetoCalculator under the Fat category. Splenda adds 0.5gm of carbohydrate to the entire recipe. The rolls are even tasty without the Splenda
- 108 gm egg white - raw (about 3 egg whites)
- 48gm egg yolk - raw (about 3 egg yolks)
- 84gm Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese - allow to warm to room temperature (about 1 hour)
- 1gm Splenda (or 1 packet)
- 1 pinch of Cream of Tartar (this does not even register on a 0.0gm scale)
- 1 pinch of salt
Note: the baked weight of this product has been used to determine fat, protein and carb content. As with other baked recipes on this site, prepare the recipe as follows then weigh out the amount that you or the dietitian has calculated into the meal or snack. Recipe submitted by Donna Rowbottom.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Farenheit (148 degrees Celsius)
- Add Cream of Tartar to egg whites then beat in a mixer until stiff.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg yolk and salt into the cream cheese. You may need to press out lumps of cream cheese with a spatula.
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the whites until mixture is fairly smooth.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on the sheet for 10 minutes then remove. Store in a zip-lock bag or wrap in plastic wrap. May be frozen.