The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
Ingredients (makes 4 rolls):
3:1 Ratio - 88 calories per roll
2:1 Ratio - 63.5 calories per roll
MAD (approximately 1.25:1) - 43 calories per roll
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix the egg, oil, water (if using) and vinegar together very well.
- Add the flax meal, psyllium husks, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the egg mixture. Use a small spatula to combine the ingredients very well.
- Once the ingredients are combined, let the dough “rest” for 5 minutes. It will appear very wet, but as it sits, the dough will stiffen up to the constancy of very stiff oatmeal.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions. You may weigh them on the scale for accuracy (total weight of ingredients in raw state divided by 4).
- Use wet hands (to prevent sticking) and shape the dough as desired. Place them on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- One baked roll (1/4th of recipe) weighs between 21-23 grams and has 2.3g protein, 10.65g fat and 0.7g carbohydrate.
- The fiber content of each roll is 2.5g and is not included in the carbohydrate value.
- This recipe has been calculated according to the recommended serving size (1 teaspoon or 3g) of psyllium husks for children ages 6-12. Please ask your dietitian about how much psyllium to include in your diet.
- The ideal amount of water and oil combined is 29g. To calculate a different ratio, reduce the oil to meet your ratio and add enough water to compensate and equal 29g.