The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
makes 6 small cookies (intended to be a snack or dessert portion of 3 cookies)
26g butter, melted
16g cream cheese, room temperature, tested with Organic Valley Cream Cheese
18g raw egg, mixed well
8g coconut flour, tested with Bob’s Red Mill Brand
0.5g baking powder
0.5g baking soda
0.5g vanilla extract, be creative and try orange, lemon, peppermint or almond!
Sweetener of Choice, recipe tested with 3g Truvia (will need to reduce coconut flour by 0.5g to calculate Truvia)
Optional: 0.1g xanthan gum, this helps hold all of the fat and improve texture.
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine the butter and cream cheese in a bowl and blend until completely combined.
2. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir until all lumps have completely dissolved.
3. Add the egg to the batter. Stir very well.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop 6 spoonful’s of the batter onto the lined baking sheet.
5. Bake the cookies for 7-10 minutes or until they are slightly brown around the edges and the centers look dry.