The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
- 22g fresh strawberries
- 22g fresh cranberries
- 12g butter
- 20g water
- sweetener of choice
- Chop the strawberries and cranberries in half.
- Put the berries, water, butter and sweetener in a small 8 inch non stick pan.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the berries are soft, about 1-2 minutes.
- Use the back of a silicone spatula to mash the berries while they are still in the pan.
- Cook until almost all of the water has evaporated.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and store in a small bowl. If the butter looks separated after removing from the heat, stir until it is combined.
- As it cools the natural pectin in the berries will hold onto the butter.
Some things to remember:
- This is best served room temperature or cold