This recipe was submitted by Scott's mom, Fay Lafrage. This spicy and aromatic combination will lure the entire household into the kitchen. There are multiple ingredients in this recipe that enhance it's flavor. One or two of the higher carbohydrate items can be eliminated to accomodate higher ketogenic ratios (pineapple and tomato sauce).
- Pepperoni - Hormel Original - sliced thin into strips
- Tomato Sauce - Hunts 8 oz (Basil/Garlic or Oregano)
- Green Pepper, raw, chopped
- Onions - raw, chopped
- Black olives- sliced
- Mushrooms - fresh, chopped
- Pineapple - unsweetened (canned in own juice)
- Olive or Canola Oil (or both)
- Mozarella Cheese - shredded
- Optional: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian Seasoning
- In a small non-stick pan saute green pepper, onions and mushrooms in oil until tender.
- Sitr in seasonings if desired. Then remove to a separate bowl.
- In the same pan, stir-fry pepperoni for 1-2 minutes over moderate heat.
- Stir in the vegetables from the bowl.
- Stir in pineapple and sliced black olives until heat through.
- Sprinkle shredded Mozarella cheese on top then cover until cheese is melted. Serve.