Serving Size: 1 patty
Each Serving Provides:
1.52:1 Ratio 50 calories
Carbohydrate: 1.44 grams
Protein: 1.36 grams
Fat: 4.27 grams
250 grams or 3 cups finely chopped cooked cabbage
50 grams or 1 large egg
10 grams or 3/4 tablespoon coconut flour
29 grams or 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Optional: salt and garlic powder
1. Place the cabbage, coconut flour, and additional seasonings into a food processor. Pulse 3-4 times or until the coconut flour is evenly dispersed.
2. Add the egg and oil to the cabbage mixture and pulse an additional 3-4 time to completely combine. Be careful to avoid chopping the cabbage too finely. The mixture should be thick and sticky.
3. Roll the cabbage mixture into golf ball size balls and flatten into a patty shape. You should have enough mixture for 8 patties.
4. Pan fry the patties until golden brown on both sides in a non-stick pan. You may use a few sprays of oil or add additional fat and flavor by using leftover bacon grease.
5. Serve the patties plain or calculate additional toppings such as full-fat sour cream, fresh chives or other herbs you enjoy.