The low carb flax bread recipe below contains less than 2gm of carbohydrate per 30gm slice. This bread has a nutty flavor and resembles a whole grain bread. It can be thinly sliced for sandwiches. It can also be toasted. Calculate this bread into a meal or snack in KetoCalculator – Fat Category under ”Flax Bread”: www.ketocalculator.com. Flax Bread 100gm: 14.3gm P, 42gm F, 5.9gm C. Recipe yields 175g.
- 35gm almond meal (almond flour)
- 40gm flaxseed meal (whole ground flaxseed)
- 4gm baking powder, Calumet (or Magic brand from Kraft)
- 1.5 gm salt
- 2gm vinegar, white distilled (any brand)
- 4 drops liquid Stevia (such as NOW Stevia)
- 85gm raw mixed egg
- 31gm coconut oil, melted or 37gm butter, melted
- Weigh all ingredients.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Spread into a lightly greased 8" x 8" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8–10 minutes. Cut with a knife then lift with a spatula.