This very simple recipe results in a dark chocolate that can be savored with a meal or snack. Unprocessed chocolate is naturally low in carbohydrate, high in fiber and fat. You can use a sheet of waxed paper to spread the chocolate onto then after it hardens, break it into pieces or use a silicone candy mold. This recipe is can be modified to include heavy cream for a milk-chocolate or nuts. It can be made casein-free by substituting ghee in place of butter. Our video demonstrates how you can use a mug warmer and a silicone egg poaching container to melt the butter. The silicone container allows you to pour the mixture into molds with ease.
This BATCH recipe makes 30gm of prepared chocolate: 204 Calories, 8:1 Ratio
- 4gm Unsweetend Cocoa such as Hershey’s Natural (powder)
- 26gm Butter or Ghee
- 5 drops Liquid Stevia
- Melt butter.
- Stir in cocoa and mix well.
- Sweeten with 5 drops of Liquid Stevia.
- Drop into small circles onto waxed paper or into candy molds.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer for several weeks.