How to Calibrate Your Gram Scale
The instructions below are copied from the instruction manual that comes with the gram scale sold through the Charlie Foundation Keto Store. These instructions do not apply to other model gram scales. It is recommended you check the calibration of your scale at least monthly. To check the calibration, weigh the calibration weight that comes with the scale (usually 500 grams). The reading should be within .2 of 500 grams. If it is more or less, you should recalibrate following the directions below.
Note: Calibration is done in the factory. Do not re-calibrate the scale unless it is inaccurate. The scale should warm up for at least 10 minutes before calibration.
- Before entering calibration mode, press the ON/OFF button to turn the power on for 1 minute.
- Next, press the ON/OFF button to power off.
- Press and hold the UNIT button, then press the ON/OFF button. The display will show “CALu=”.
- Press the UNIT button to select the calibration weight units (g, lb, etc.). Press the ZERO button to select the calibration weight. The display will show xxxxx. The X will be flashing. Press the UNIT button to move the digit to the right. Press the TARE button to increase the flashing digit.
- Note: X is the calibration weight which can be set to your requirements (a 500g weight comes with the CF scales and the X should be set to 500g).
- Press the ZERO button to confirm the calibration weight. The display will show CAL and then the AD value. Once the stable indicator “(.)” is displayed, press the UNIT key. the display will flash the calibration weight.
- Place the calibration weight on the platter. After the stable indicator “(.)” is displayed, press the UNIT button. The display will show “——-“, then the AD value. The calibration is now finished.
- To return to the weighing mode, press the ON/OFF button to turn the power off. Press the ON/OFF button again to power on, the scale will be in weighing mode. Place the calibration weight on the platter to confirm the weight.