The Charlie Foundation is pleased to present this Ketogenic Diet approved recipe with the collaboration of our partner site ketocook.com
Use this frosting recipe to decorate baked goods! Because the recipe includes gelatin, the whipped cream will not deflate after decorating as long as it remains cool.
This will also increase the ratio of the food item it is served with, making it a fun way to serve fat!
Makes about 2 cups of frosting
- 200g / 1 cup 40% heavy cream
- 3g / 1 teaspoon Knox Unflavored Gelatin Powder
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- Sweetner of choice
- In a small bowl, combine the gelatin powder and cold water. Stir carefully to dissolve lumps. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes. The gelatin will re-hydrate and turn into a very thick gel.
- Microwave the gelatin for about 10 seconds to bring it back to a liquid state.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, pour the cream into the mixing bowl and whip it at the highest speed.
- Once the cream begins to thicken, pour the melted gelatin into the cream and let it continue to whip at high speed.
- Sweeten the whipped cream to your liking. The cream is ready once it reached the “stiff peak” stage.
- Use for decorating cooled baked goods immediately and store in the refrigerator.
Some things to remember:
- Add fruit puree for color and flavor.
- This icing will not “fall” after decorating baked goods. As long as it remains cold, it will stay in the whipped state.
- Always keep this recipe refrigerated!